Data & Network Security Services
When it comes to network security, it is easy for small to medium sized business to say “Not me! They’re only after the big guys.” The reality is that attacks on all networks have been increasing year after year as hackers have become more sophisticated. Small businesses are being affected every day by relaxed or non-existent security policies.
A 2016 study showed that 1 in every 5 small businesses networks would be compromised. There has been a 165% increase of attacks from malware, ransomware since the study that was done in 2016. With the ever-increasing technological advances, it is likely that these numbers have climbed, posing a significant risk for a potential breach, lost or stolen data, or some type of malicious threat.
There are several ways Clarity can protect your IT environment to ensure you are at minimum risk:
- Compliance and Control – Requirements that specify risk management as part of corporate governance requirements. The ability to audit users and assign accountability for irresponsible actions.
- Updates – Keeping computers and network equipment updated is one of the most effective steps to preventing a possible network security issue.
- Firewall – A common mistake in small to medium business networks is the lack of a business grade firewall Often business owners are unaware of the difference between having a network router and having a network firewall in place.
- Passwords – Password and password protection are proving to be an area that needs attention when discussing network security. Using sophisticated software and tools, hackers are easily gaining access to small business networks through simple or default passwords
- Antivirus/Antispam – Most people know that antivirus and antispam software are necessary components of network security, but many people don’t realize why it’s so important until their computer or network is infected with a virus, malware, spyware, or a host of other potentially dangerous issues.
- Mobile Devices – From popups to spyware, malicious mobile apps have been around since the launch of app markets. Mobile malware is on the rise and expected to reach 30 million devices by the end of 2017.
- Cloud Data – Hackers are lurking everywhere, if you are in the cloud or thinking about it then you need to ensure that technologies, policies and procedures are updated to meet the threat.
No matter the size of your business, network security is a definite requirement for every business in the digital age. If you are worried or unsure of where to start with an internal security audit, our team can help get you on track with Clarity Data and Network Security Services.
of organizations failed to use standard tools like configuration and patching to prevent security breaches
felt that a successful cyberattack against their network would take place within the year.
of cyberattacks use a combination of phishing and hacking techniques and involve a secondary victim.
of company’s are concerned about employees stealing sensitive company information.